Brussell Sprouts with Shallots
• 2 large shallots, peeled, quartered
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed, trimmed, halved
• 1-2 tablespoons juice from jarred dill pickles or lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon ghee, divided
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
Heat sauté pan on medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter to pan to melt. Once melted, add shallots and let brown for about 8-10 minutes. While shallots are cooking, clean and trim brussel sprouts and slice in half. Once shallots are crispy, set aside. Add remaining oil and butter to sauté pan. Add brussel sprouts, season well with salt and pepper and squeeze lemon juice or pickle juice on top. Let brussel sprouts brown completely on one side before tossing to flip. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Brown the other side and then transfer to serving dish. Top with shallots.
Jill Finch is our healthy recipe guru and Certified Nutrition Coach, a Morro Bay personal fitness training studio that specializes in weight loss and body transformation. You can receive a FREE, no-obligations Fitness Success Session and consultation to experience the Studio Fitness difference for yourself.